Pages

Wednesday, May 9, 2012

Last Step (aka Venetian Snares) - Xyrem

Canadian Venetian Snares known for his insane drill and bass records, not to mention his disturbing cover art choices, has recorded yet another LP on Planet μ, under his Last Step alias (we were huge fans of the self-titled debut under that monicker).  Last Step focuses on an acid and techno sound palette and is generally a more accessible and melodic affair.  The latest Last Step LP entitled "Sleep" focuses on the state between sleep and awaking (a semi-lucid state that apparently inspired Aphex Twin in his work as well). 

According the the man himself: “Sleep are tunes I recorded while falling asleep. These tracks are really different for me, really mellow and dreamy, that nice comfortable feeling when you’re falling asleep. Feels pointless to describe it, that feeling, there really shouldn’t be words for that state, so I describe the process a little instead. For awhile, when I was really tired and ready to go to bed instead of going to sleep I would make a tune. Get some stuff going on my sequencers, drum machines, patch up my modular and just jam it. Would fall asleep alot listening to the sequences, few seconds of sleep or a few minutes, wake up in it. This is what I sound like in my sleep.”  You can listen to LP track "Xyrem " (sounds like a sleeping pill?) below:

No comments:

Post a Comment